Today I thought I’d give you a little life update — 5 things to be exact.
1. I walked the kids to school this morning down that big giant hill.
Halfway there, we picked up another kid (our neighbor actually).
Across from the school we picked up three more kids.
Owen & I walked home back up the big hill instead of just going around the neighborhood. Go me!
I walked 2 miles today.
I’m sweaty. The kids were happy though! In the picture above they were running excitedly down the hill like little weirdos. 🙂
2. Sports bras do nothing for nipple coverage. Like seriously, I put on my brand new sports bra this morning & my new workout top, looked in the mirror (thankfully) and saw my nipples just starring right at me! So instead of digging for different clothes (we were crunched for time), I slapped bandaids over my nipples. HA! And I can’t believe I just announced that to all the world (or at least my blog readers, HI! *waves*)
3. My car is in the shop. I was driving down the interstate the other day (Tuesday) on my way to pick the kids up from school and all the sudden it beeps at me, my check engine light comes on & I’m just slowing down.
I throw my hazzard lights on and pull the wheel as hard as I can to merge off the road.
I went from 70mph to 50mph in the matter of seconds. My power stering went out, my brakes didn’t want to work, my gas didn’t work… it was awful & terrifying. I managed to get all the way over, put the car in park after mashing the brake to the ground. Sat there a sec, turned it back on, drove off – called David crying and freaking out, he told me to take it to get a diagnostic test done on it. I called a friend to have her pick up the kids and drive shaking all the way to Advanced Auto.
They ran a few tests, 3 things popped up (all connected). I took the kids to school Wednesday morning & took the car to a transmission place. I left there at 10:30 in the morning after them telling me it was going to be $289 just to take the transmission apart to find the problem. I haven’t heard from them since (it’s 10am Thursday). We called twice yesterday & I’m trying to not panic at the idea of whatever is wrong with it, how long I’m going to be without a car and of course the overall cost to fix whatever is wrong with it.
Oh & everything I’d just bought from Target for Easter is still in the trunk. Hopefully we get it back before Easter or we’re going to have some VERY bummed kidlets.
4. I can’t help but wonder how many people would pitch in if I started a kickstarter campaign for the car. I know it’s ridiculous, but good Lord we don’t have that kind of money just sitting around. Ugh. I wouldn’t really start one though. I’d feel pretty ridiculous doing so, honestly.
5. And finally….. #5 — we have orders, we’re PCSing! We’re moving this June!
Fort Carson, Colorado here we come!
So that’s my life lately.
Tell me something GOOD about yours in the comments below! 🙂