Oh goodness.... thinking about this one kind of depresses me.
In ten years, my oldest will be turning 20.Hopefully, we'll be in our forever home, settled and happy.I'm honestly not sure where I see myself in ten years, or even where I want to be in 10 years.Our next decade was planned for us up until a few months ago when my husband … // Read More...
Favorite Childhood Book. I loved reading The Outsiders when I was in school. Other than that, the Mandie books. <3 <3 <3 Here’s day 13-15 (Fav quote, a timeline of my day, and what’s in my bag) Here’s day 16 –> Dream Job.
Day 16…. Dream Job. When I was growing up, I wanted to be a Teacher, a Pediatrician, a Nurse, a journalist, etc etc… except, I wasn’t super excited about any of them at the time. I’d just say it to say it… the path I thought I needed to choose. Life sure had other plans […]
Welp, I made it 13 days before totally messing up the order of this… Oh well. Here’s day 13-15. Day 13: Favorite Quote: I’m a movie quoter, so I’m not really sure if I have an actual favorite quote. Day 14: What’s in my handbag. It’s actually normal, boring stuff right now because I just […]
If I won the lottery, I don’t think I’d tell people. Haha. No, I’d pay off everything in our debt, buy land where we want to live (unsure yet) and build a house and then just live. We’d probably build more houses for family members to come live near us & help pay their stuff […]
Tattoos: I have stickmen behind my ears – one’s an angel, one’s a devil. My chest piece reads “two against the world” <-- my husband has a matching one. Anniversary present one year 🙂
I have one on my foot -- JACKR - family initials.
I have stars on my shoulder, both wrists have words wrapping around em...
I have my left forearm covered.
1. Steak – medium 2. A big loaded salad. 3. Lasagna, extra cheesy. 4. Cocoa Pebbles, <-- click & read my guilty pleasure. haha.
5. Pizza - Supreme minus mushrooms OR Buffalo chicken.
6. A big ole burger.
7. Loaded french fries.
8. Breakfast foods. <-- my favorite just depends on the day (except eggs. eww)
9. Chicken Parmesan.
10. Ice cream sandwiches.I hope you guys had a nice weekend 🙂Intro. Day 1 20 things about me. Day 2 My business name. Day 3 A childhood memory Day 4 Guilty Pleasure(s) Day 5 Personality Traits that I love. Day 6
1. I have a positive outlook. I actually credit this one to my Mom though. When we were growing up, she always made sure that we looked at the bright side of things, that there’s no point in being a negative Debbie Downer. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a realist, but a realist that puts a positive spin on things. 🙂
2. Empathy. I am a very empathetic person. This one bites me in the butt very often though because I do see both sides of things. It’s hard to stay mad at someone when you can see their side of things, and where they’re coming from. This also means that I basically have “TALK TO ME” written across my forehead. (Get this from my Momma too). I’ve had cashiers at Walmart tell me all about their divorce, loss of baby, horrible marriage, etc etc. It all stemed from, “I’m good… how are you?” People see me and instead of saying, “Oh, I’m good” or whatever your quick response is… they say, “I’m good…. I blah blah blah life story” I don’t mind (most days).
3. Talkative. This kind of goes hand in hand with Empathy up there. Overall I am usually a pretty talkative person. I mean, I can strike up conversation with most anyone, just standing around. I had a 10 minute conversation/vent about the cost of food with an elderly lady the other day. A bit before that, I had a conversation with an elderly man about my nose ring, and tattoos where he rolled his sleeves up, and showed off his too.
There you go, guys. 3 traits that I like about me.
31 day Blogging challenge. Day 5: Guilty Pleasure(s)
Cocoa pebbles after the kids have gone to bed is my guilty pleasure. Not even going to lie. Haha. I don’t like cereal for breakfast. I usually fill up on coffee so forget breakfast. I know, it’s awful but.. Sometimes I’ll eat a banana or a bagel, but if I’m being real, I don’t eat until like lunch time and even that’s questionable.
Other than that, I think waking up earlier than the rest of my house is quickly becoming my new guilty pleasure. At first it started out kind of annoying to be waking up before alarm clocks, before the sun… but my body knew what it was doing. It said, “Amber… get up and enjoy the silence, enjoy a few minutes of YOU & coffee before the day starts” and well, I appreciate that, body. I do. I don’t know if I’ve ever said that, but THANKS! No, seriously though… a few months back, I started waking up before the sun, before alarms would beep, anytime between 4 and 6 am. Now, I love it. I wake up, make some coffee, enjoy a few minutes of quick & calm before the whole house stirs. (Or I use it to finish blog posts …. like today)
I’m doing a 31 day blogging challenge. See the past few posts to catch up.
well, I feel like that’s a bit obvious, but let’s go back some….
When I first started this little blog, it was pre-owen, during a David deployment & it’s original name was, “One me… two monsters” that switched to “my three bittles” because they were my “ittle bittle babies” or “ittle bittles”.
Then, a few years back I switched over to Amber Nicole. It was a whim, I was tired of feeling like a Mommy Blog only. I felt like my name limited me and confused people.
And I wanted all social media names to match…. so…. AmberNMcCain <-- my social media handle.
My email address is the same that handle @gmail .com
It just makes it easier, I think. None of my social media handles matched anything, it was just weird and chaotic.It's all cleaner now, one name for all the social media profiles... .And there you go.
My business name. 😉
Day 3 was easy.Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5
If you read yesterday’s post, you saw that I’m doing a 31 day blog challenge. Today is Day 2. I’m supposed to share 20 things about me.
Oh good grief, this sounds hard….
1. I’m already drawing a blank! OK, I’m bad with things like this. 2. I’m 31. I can never remember. On my 29th birthday, I argued with a friend that I was only 28 because I honestly thought I was 28! 3. I love to window shop. I will spend forever narrowing down my cart only to never checkout. 4. I’m a thrifter. I love love love thrift shops. 5. Most of the items in my house are thrifted. Even our dining room table. Remember it? 6. I have 3 kids. Fin, Maddie, Owen. 7. I drink only coffee & water. Occassionally I’ll have something else, but 90% of the time it’s coffee and water. 8. I don’t like cereal for breakfast, but love it as a nighttime snack. 9. I have had my nose pierced (currently – setptum), my monroe, and a dermal eye anchor (it fell out). 10. Tattoos. I have em. 11. I like to read but rarely do. 12. I’m a sucker for a cute mug. You can search the hashtag #ambersmugcollection on Instagram and you’ll see some of my favorites. 13. David & I have been married for 10 years this year. We’ve known each other since I was 13, he was 14. 14. I pick up things with my toes off the floor all the time. It is so much easier than bending down. #lazy 15. I had a tummy tuck summer of 2014. 16. I’ve lost 40+ pounds since moving to Colorado. I cut out sugar in my coffee and we spend a lot of time outdoors, hiking, walking trailing, walking to the park… I’m just more active than I used to be.
17. I sing, a lot. To the radio, to whatever song is in my head, just while talking… I’m a very animated person. 18. I have lived in: Michigan (born there), Tennessee, Kentucky, Alaska, Georgia and Colorado. 19. I am a victim of identity theft. Sort of (that’s the short version). Long version — Social Security messed up somewhere and there are TWO Amber Nicole’s born same hospital, same day, same original last name with same social. BAM! What?! I know. Totally insane, huh?! Yeah… it’s easier to say “victim of identity theft” then go into detail. 20. I sell LipSense & it’s really fun. <-- click to read more about LipSense.[video width="1280" height="720" mp4="http://www.ambernicoleblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/JYRX5512.mp4"][/video]Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5
The future of this blog has been on my mind quite a bit lately. I don’t want to just shut it down, because I worked really hard on building this blog & the posts it’s filled with. Life has just taken a weird turn for us (in a good way), but now I find our life to be pretty boring and day to day, making it a bit harder to even come up with things to blog about. I love my blog though, I’ve spent years on it. I’m just in a weird place because I feel like I have nothing really much left to say, or to ramble about. I’m hoping to kick it back to old school posts, to the posts that I just ramble & spill my thoguhts. So, I was browsing Pinterest this morning which is something that I don’t do nearly as often as I used to because the layout of Pinterest bugs me now. I hate seeing more ads than not. But, I came across this pin and really wanted to give it a go. It was meant to be, you guys that I just happened to find it as I was filling my planner & at the start of the month.
So, here goes…
Hi! I’m Amber. This little blog has been my place for YEARS now. YEARS! Like, 6/7/8, I can’t even remember. I started this particular blog (Myspace posts were my jam back in the day, before that I loved LiveJournal). I started this blog back when David -my husband of a decade- & I were stationed in Alaska. It started as a hobby, a way for family and friends back home to keep up with us/things without me having to blow up the Facebook newsfeed with photos and posts and updates an what not.
I’m getting so off topic.
I’m Amber. I’m 31. I’m married to David (10 years this year). David & I met at a Vacation Bible School when we were kids (he was 14, I was 13). His sister stopped me & wouldn’t let me leave until I gave her my number to give to David. Almost 20 years later, here we are…. 3 kids, 2 dogs, a one-eyed cat, living a content little life. 🙂
Together we have 3 kids. Fin, Maddie, Owen. <-- they're crazy! Seriously, kids are crazy. They'll drive you nuts, push your buttons, and turn your hair grey, but man oh man, they melt your freakin' heart. There was almost a 4th. You can read that here. Moving quickly along because that’s still a very sore topic…
Bo is our American Bulldog. He’s 5. He’s basically Scooby Doo.
Missy is our little mixed birddog pup. You can read how we came across her here. Missy, AKA “girlfriend” loves Fin. He’s probably her favorite person. David would be her 2nd favorite. She barks & yells at him when he gets home. She’ll follow him around the house “talking” to him until he stoped to love her. It’s hilarious and awful because she’s spoiled ROTTEN.
Umm, Colorado is home after a decade of Uncle Sam choosing for us. David spent 13+ years in the Army and was Medically Retired at the start of 2017. It’s been a whirl-wind around here for the past few months. Now that life is “normalling” out, it’s less chaotic, thankfully. Now it’s just kind of boring, but in a really great way.
To quote my 5 year old, Owen, “I just love it when we’re all together… the whole family is all together” <-- the 5 year old gets how awesome it is to have Daddy home more, and he's totally right.
I literally told a friend yesterday that my current biggest complaint in life is arguing with a 5 year old about why he should eat his food, and that my dishes pile up because we're all home so often and whenever David is home, I just stay by his side because I'm still in that "Spend time with him while you can" mindset. That's apparently a hard thing to get used to. Before David got Medically Retired, he was gone more than home. His job was VERY demanding. He quite literally spent all of last summer gone and that wasn't even during a deployment or anything... just training.So, he's home, we're "normal", it's weird, but awesome. That's my Day 1 intro for you guys. Check back tomorrow and PLEASE help hold me accountable for these posts! 31 days of blogging. It's going to happen! I'll probably end up throwing day 23-27 into one post because I'll forget, but it WILL happen. 🙂Next up we have, "20 facts about me". Ha. Lordy, I'd better get started on that one now because that's a lot of thinking about ME and I just don't even know how to do that anymore.Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5
Hi, guys! Remember me?! Just popping in today to share some photos from our most recent fishing trip to Manitou Lake. Colorado has some nice spring days in between the weirdo freak blizzardy, snow days.
Maddie gave Owen a chip. She convinced him it wasn’t spicy. He believed her.