This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CapriSunParties #CollectiveBias
The other day I went to Sam’s club to get my normal Sam’s club items & while I was there, I grabbed a case of Capri Sun Variety Pack 40 pouches. The Capri Sun boxes were a key ingredient in a little Valentine’s day party I wanted to throw my kids & their friends. I knew I wanted to use the boxes and turn them into Valentine’s day boxes, so I figured I could set up a little craft table for the kids.
I stopped by Walmart because I knew they’d have out their Valentine’s Day stuff in their Holiday section & they did not disappoint!
I was able to snag up heart confetti, glue sticks, cups for the crayons & food, construction paper for the kids to decorate their boxes in and stickers for the kids to throw all over their boxes or themselves as well as 4 tablecloths (2 for backdrop, 2 for tables), a banner & even some pom poms for decorations! Total win!
I also knew that I wanted to take it a step further! I had all of these Capri Sun pouches so I decided to whip up some printables for them! This was no easy feat, but thankfully after some trial & error I got them done! They actually turned out a lot better than I even expected them to! (I’ll add them to the bottom of this post for you guys to use if you’d like). They’re corny, but they make me happy!
As for food & snacks, I grabbed up some heart shaped cookies, some candies and some heart shaped pretzels and called it a day! I knew I wanted to host the part after school so didn’t want to overfeed some kids before dinner time.
All in all, it was a huge hit! My little family loved it and their friends loved it! They put together some really cute little boxes and filled their little tummies with lots of sweets! Fun was had by all!
Now for a few budget friendly tips:
- Tablecloths make easy backdrops.
- Capri Sun 40 Count Variety Pack from Sam’s Club are party perfect (reasons listed below)**
- Find the Holiday section for random decor, they usually have some $.98 stuff that you can grab up.
- Price check snacks! Sometimes it’s cheaper to just buy than to bake.
- Don’t overthink it. Keep it simple or you’ll be overwhelmed & stressed the whole time.
- Kids are pretty easy to please!
- Think about what you already have around your house! The vase holding the suckers, it was an old pizza sauce jar. I added burlap that I colored with permanent marker. The flowers in the vase are from my kitchen window. The chalkboard usually hangs out on my kitchen counter. The little bottles full of candy I already had. The little candy bowls I already had. I tend to buy things along the way knowing that I’ll use them later. Especially if they’re 2 for $3 (bowls & the bottles)
**Capri Sun are a good source of Vitamin C. They have less sugar than other leading drinks. There are no artificual sweeteners, colors, flavors, or preservatives and they’re mom approved!
What about you? Are you throwing a party soon? What are some of your go-to tips & tricks to keeping it budget friendly?
And aren’t my printables SOOOOOO cute?!